Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Today I covet...

This little beauty is from Van Cleef & Arpels. It's called Le Pont des Amoureux or The Lover's Bridge in English. I won't bother you with the technical details. I will say this, the reason I love this watch is precisely because of the supreme craftsmanship involved and the very unique nature of the mechanism. The expensive materials used (white gold and diamonds) are irrelevant in my opinion.



The lovers meet on top of the bridge twice a day at noon and midnight and kiss briefly. If you have 116.000 USD to spare, I can't imagine a more romantic present.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! What a wonderful watch!!! I'd like a clock version of that, and you're right - no diamonds or gold necessary. It's just such a great concept :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that! Pity I don't have that sort of cash lying around...

    ReplyDelete