Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

Happiness comes in a box: Mini dustpan set

We all know them: the little trinkets that cost next to nothing but they make us incredibly happy. Whether it's because they fulfill a certain purpose in our household or are there simply for their intrinsic beauty.

Another whimsical Koziol household item :-) A teeny tiny dustpan & broom set, with the broom in the shape of a dog. This one was bought for a very specific reason: to clean up after Rufus.


The thing is, sometimes I'm convinced my cat is actually half cat, half pig. He makes a terrible mess every time he eats with food flying all over. He especially likes to put his paw in the dish and flick the kibbles around.


I clean up after him at least three times a day. And it got so annoying taking the broom out each time! Keeping this set handy saves me a lot of time and makes cleaning up a little bit more fun.

5 comments:

  1. What a cute cleaning set! And, if it makes you happy, all the better.
    I wipe Morty´s eating place with paper napkins 2x a day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quirky and useful I like...make a pet owner a fun present.

    Rufus likes to keep you on the move! Ida

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mette: It's small and practical and perfectly adorable. Plus the bristles are really high quality. It used to drive me mad, how brooms left smudges or had bristles break immediately. Then I realized brooms come in a wide price range for a reason.

    ida: It's a tug of war! He loves to express his annoyance over anything by flicking kibbles out. And he's often annoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have the same cat dishes. For some reason our cats are neat eaters, never spilling and putting a dainty paw in the water dish afterward to wet the paw then wipe it clean. I know, crazy.

    I like your nifty cleanup item.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan: Are they boy cats or girl cats? Anyhow you're lucky. On Saturday I usually vacuum, the kitchen manages to stay clean for just about 5 minutes if I'm very lucky.
    Can't complain, though. I love my cat :-)

    ReplyDelete