Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The perils of blogging and an award

Without fail my morning routine for the past year has involved sipping a large cup of coffee in my pajamas and going through my Google reader checking the latest post from my favourite bloggers.
This morning was no exception. Here I was sitting with my first morning coffee and racking my brain what to write about when I inadvertently, as I always do, stumbled upon something wonderful.

Blackthorn tweed jacket

One of my favourite bloggers Mette wrote about shoes today and one of "the regulars" My Spotty Pony mentioned a brand of boots she prefers. Dubarry of Ireland.

Arrowgrass tweed skirt

Oh so elegant, oh so classic and oh so expensive. What's more they not only have footwear but clothing too. I can just picture Mr. C shaking his head. Another fabulously extravagant obsession in the making.
Big sigh...

Footwear care sample pack

I also received a blog award from Mette yesterday. My first blog award. Yay! Thank you Mette :-D


The rules:
  1. The award is given to bloggers with fewer than 200 followers.
  2. You are to thank the giver, who gave it to you.
  3. Reveal your 5 blogger picks, and let them know, by leaving a comment on their blog.
  4. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
  5. Hope, that the people, you have sent the award to, will forward it to their 5 favorite bloggers.

I'm passing on this award to the following bloggers:
  1. Bead addict from the need to bead
  2. Heidi from Ex Post Facto Jewelry
  3. Ms. M from Department of colour
  4. Paula from Paula's Diary
  5. Susan from Style Made by Hand

17 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the recognition! :) I already read Mette's and Susan's blog. I look forward to checking out the others.

    P.S. I'm very much into plaid these days, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms. M: You're most welcome! Plaid along with hats, monogrammed stationery and being fluent in three languages represents a very old world sophistication :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the award! I will pass it along shortly. As soon as I stop drooling over that gorgeous tartan. And if they have pants (I'm about to check), I might just fall over and die. I have been on the hunt for some bold tartan pants for a while now, and they just don't seem to make them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only checked the boots. Yes " old world sophistication " describes well the clothes you picked for display. No doubt well made. Maybe, if I lived in Scotland, Ireland, England - in a castle with a lot of horses and hounds ; )!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the award, and a happy new year to you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heidi: I see I have successfully passed on the latest addiction ;-P But seriously, how can anyone resist their gorgeous stuff?

    Mette: And a battalion of servants to polish the boots and keep the hounds fed ;-)

    bead addict: You're welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad that you are the liebster. Congratulations! I love your morning routine!

    I also love the selection...will be checking them right away and keeping them on my "I love list". I love that skirt.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Ana, congratulations on being selected for the liebster blog award and thank you so much for thinking of me. I appreciate the gesture very much. However, I've made it a policy not to accept blog awards because they always come with required or suggested terms and as I post so infrequently now I prefer to keep my monthly journal entry to myself -- to write only what I want to write. I hope you understand.

    The jacket and skirt pictured are just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. MrsLittleJeans: I know Mette passed it on to you too :-) Yes morning coffee is paramount.

    Susan: I respect your decision. I won't be changing my lineup though. I love your blog, the format and how you express yourself. In my opinion we need more bloggers like you and the lovely ladies I featured.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Also have a very old pair of Dubarry's boots but prefer my Welligogs they also do country clothes but for a younger set..lots of the older county set wear the clothes you have shown around here..rather boring is my take...their hb's now have the job of cleaning the shoes!!

    Congrats on your well deserved reward.Ida

    ReplyDelete
  11. ida: Boring huh? Ouch ;-)I like classic items like these, well made, supreme materials and the label that does not say Made in China. Though I also love the eclectic and avant garde designs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The way they are worn round here are boring..just to buy expensive clothes means very little if they are not worn with panache or touches of individuality....these type of clothes can look very dull,and ordinary if some wit is not used...of course you have the wit. Ida

    ReplyDelete
  13. ida: Like having a Birkin bag because it's so coveted and exclusive :-)
    Yes, I get what you wanted to say in your last comment.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The tweed coat/jacket is very stylish!

    Do you know Downton Abbey? I just ordered the first season for my parents (a belated Christmas gift).

    Thank you for the award, I will pass it on! Lucky me, having such a manageable group of followers ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Paula: Downton Abbey has been on my wish list for ages! Maybe Mr. Valentine heard my wishes...
    Will check your blog to see who you pass forward the award.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Ana, I thought it was about time I discovered Mette's followers as we all seem to have her topics in common! Also you mentioned liking the Dubarry boots, thank you for the link :) My husband bought them for me a few years ago for my 50th birthday. They are waterproof, very warm and robust enough to withstand Spotty stepping on my toes! They will last for many years so definitely worth the money. My mud covered boots are worn with a very old pair of jodhpurs and a 25 year old Barbour jacket..... I don't think Dubarry would want me as an advert for them ;)
    Like Mette you seem to write about many subjects, so I will look forward to becoming a follower of your blog.
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  17. My Spotty Pony: Hi and a warm welcome to my little circle.
    I always enjoy your comments on Mette's blog and I feel we have a lot of things in common. Aside for the love of quality, long lasting items :-)

    ReplyDelete