Pages

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The beads are here!


The annual Bead Soup Blog Party will take place this May and as always it's something I really look forward to. Every time I think I've given up on making jewellery the images of spectacular and ingenious jewellery created by hundreds of participants from all over the world remind me that I really love making jewellery.


This year my partner is Noemi Baena, a mother of three living in sunny Spain, as she put it. Her life is colourful, vivacious and full of daily activities: her family and her hobby keeps her busy. You can read more about Noemi and see her lovely pieces at her blog: fuego, metal y color


Noemi sent me a colourful and cheerful mix of beads. I'll have no difficulty coming up with ideas for my soup!


The biggest challenge Noemi's pack provides is the colour combination: red and caramel mixed with pink. It's a colour combination I've never used before and I'm really looking forward to it.


The reveal day is May 3rd, feel free to peak in on that day to see what I've come up with.


5 comments:

  1. Now this will be challenging, just as you will like it to be.
    Can´t wait to see the results.
    I visited the blog you mentioned, and wow indeed, Noemi has created elegant pieces from the material you sent her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like working with materials I wouldn't have bought otherwise :-) it's fun!

      Delete
  2. What a pretty and eclectic mix of beads. I will be interested to see how you use them whether combined in one piece or in many different ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I've made two pieces and I have at least two more lined up :-)

      How's your bead soup going?

      Delete
    2. Hiya Coffeeaddict,
      I responded to your posting on bead addict's blog - but wanted to be sure that you knew too - Bead Peeps - another FB group IS hosting an event similar to the BSBP. We'd love to have you join us! =)

      Linda

      Delete