Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Overcoming yourself


Lately I've been stuck in a bit of a rut. It seemed that the weight of 2012 came crashing down and though the world didn't end on December 21st it sure felt like it on occasion. It's nothing too serious but too many things happening at the same time, some good, some bad, some really bad which taint the rest, making everything appear drab and grey.


As much as wanted to spend the day in my pajamas and contemplate the drabness, I had to get up get dressed and head out into the snow storm.
Mr. C is away on business, so I'm left holding down the fort which means I get to do the things he usually takes care of. The car is very much Mr. C's territory since I enjoy the happy and carefree life of a pedestrian.



When I got down to the parking lot our car was covered in 50 cm of snow. Not good. I have shovelled snow before but never completely on my own, there was always more of us working in pairs. This time it was just me and a borrowed shovel.
I got the car clean and cleared a pathway which wasn't only great exercise but a valuable lesson in what people can achieve when we set our mind to it. Instead of lounging around in my pajamas feeling sorry for myself because it was Monday, the sky was grey, yadda yadda.... I took charge and did what needed to be done.

9 comments:

  1. Great job....sometimes it is better to be a pedestrian but maybe for not too long...I know what you mean by ruts...and you truly dug yourself out of a rut : )

    Sending you love and warming thoughts xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pedestrian with a designated driver to take you places the public transport can't.
      And yes the digging was both literal and metaphorical.
      Sending you love and hugs and kisses for the boys!

      Delete
  2. Good for you Ana! Shoveling snow is always kind of a drag but you made it happen. Stay warm and fix yourself a cup of cocoa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, but I did! So now it all makes sense. After I came home I had this strong urge to make myself a cup of hot chocolate. So I indulged myself with a cup of white chocolate and strawberry made with vanilla flavoured soy milk. Yum!

      Delete
  3. Hi Anna,
    That snow is beautiful, but having to shovel it gives an entirely new perspective I imagine. Seldom have to shovel snow here, but it's been raining for DAYS and that puts me in a mood similar to yours. So many of us are affected by the blahs of January it seems. But you did the right thing by pulling yourself up and taking care of business. Spring will be here before we know it; it can't come soon enough!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like winter and the snow. When the days start to get longer and the sun is gaining its strength it's so refreshing to be out in the cold crisp air walking in the snow covered lane admiring the peaceful landscape. It's the dreary foggy bits of winter I dislike :-(

      Delete
  4. When I saw the picture, I thought oh no. Just like over here, just so too often. Then I read that you actually like winter ( unlike me )!
    Shoveling snow is hard work, but it does give a good feeling afterwards! Good to hear from you: )!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like winter because it's peaceful and everthing slows down. I like to think that winter still touches us on some level and makes us aware that we are still part of the great cycle of life and that the calm dark winter evenings are perfect to restore the balance within.

      Delete
  5. Great post!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com
    Come say hi!

    ReplyDelete