Herbert is my new pin cushion. I made it over this long weekend. I usually dread sewing itty bitty plushies but this was quite fun. In fact it was so simple I decided to make a little family of birds to use as decoration.
Little beaded decoration for the wings.
Meet the family:
They are made of a remnant Ikea fabric. The pattern pieces were cut out carefully from various parts of the fabric creating an illusion that more than one fabric remnant was used.
Here's the original photo of the uncut fabric. I might have expressed myself badly, so I hope the photo of the fabric explains what I meant.
Of course I made three birds of various sizes to blend in with my vase quirk. I scaled the pattern by hand.