Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I might as well...

show you some more pictures of Ljubljana.

Ingenious fountain cover
Ingenious fountain cover

I know people usually suffer from January blues: The post festive December, after the rush and expectations and decorations, a lot of people feel like: "Okay, now what?"

Pigeons on the rooftop of the Conservatory 1
Pigeons on the rooftop of The Conservatory

I <3 January! In terms of weather it's the coldest month of the year, with the temperatures way below zero. But the good thing about it? No fog or cloudy weather. Bright winter sun all the way!

a chandelier suspended above the street 1
Chandelier suspended over the street

old grid with Ljubljana's emblem
A very old grid with Ljubljana's emblem: the dragon sitting on top of Ljubljana Castle

Old part of town 2
The old part of town with beautiful architecture

12 comments:

  1. All the pictures are so bright, I´m especially liking the second one, with the birds.
    The picture from the old town suggests, that there are small shops on both sides of the street. Are there?
    You mentioned the blues - are you going through them?
    Over here it´s snowing, and yes I suffer from snow blues. Moving around and performing simple everyday tasks takes more time than ever. Grrrrrrrr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The photo with the pigeons is my favourite too :-)And yes there are small shops, cafes, mostly independent small boutiques with jewellery, art, fair trade...
      No blues, like I said January is very much to my liking because the days are starting to get longer, there is more sunlight and the air is clean and crisp.

      I've been absent from the blogosphere because I'm cranking up my efforts in the job search department hence the lack of posts and delay in replying.

      Delete
  2. I am totally into that fountain cover!!!! Thank you for reminding me of spring!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the fountains in Ljubljana are covered, most have very conservative covers. This one is so cute, I had to take a picture of it!

      Delete
  3. If you hadn't told me these were wintry scenes I wouldn't have known, the light is so bright and clear. I love that last photo of the street curving, the beautiful old architecture. I love old buildings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, that's Mr C's favourite one :-) I love the old part of Ljubljana, the architecture is really striking.
      It was about 11.00 in the morning when I took the pictures, the light was absolutely perfect.

      Delete
  4. The first photo made me smile....January is a danger zone for the 'black dog' with or without
    snow + I have a nasty stomach virus....

    No January lows with you I hope.

    Thank you for brightening my day.Ida

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ida, I'm sorry to hear about the stomach flu :-( I had it last year around this time and it was awful.
    Still no snow here, it's a bit weird. Crazy weather!

    ReplyDelete